EVICR.net Eye Platform is a platform to gather high quality ophthalmology data generated in Europe to allow the secondary use of data in performing large data analysis and foster clinical research.
- Imaging data is the main source of EVICR.net Eye Platform. Imaging data is objective and possible of automatic verification and analysis (consistency, accuracy, completeness, auditability, validity, uniqueness, timeless) and therefore feasible to gather in an efficient and secure manner
- The EVICR.net Eye Platform is a long-term initiative and non-exclusive as its purpose is to allow secondary use eye image data and avoid duplication of clinical research
- Data Providers (Clinical Sites) submit anonymised data into the Eye Platform
- Data Requesters (Clinical Sites, Industry, others) may request anonymised data for a specific study/analysis
EYE PLATFORM ADDED VALUE
CLINICAL SITES – EVICR.net MEMBERS
- Opportunity to participate in clinical research with secondary use data analysis
- Authorship of publications and presentations of Results – Increase overall visibility and stature as researchers
- Opportunity to propose new analysis to answer key research questions
- Valuable resource for research applications
- Increase network visibility
- Increase network contribution in understanding of disease progression
- Contribute to the development of better patient care in ophthalmology by secondary use of data
INDUSTRY AND OTHER NON-MEMBERS
- Drive new therapeutics forward based on analysis derived from Eye Platform anonymised database
- Improve and develop equipment/medical devices based on analysis derived from Eye Platform anonymised database
EYE PLATFORM – SECURE AND TRUSTWORTHY
- Collecting, storing, processing, transfer and use of Personal Data according to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679, General Data Protection Regulation
- Provider responsible for obtaining proper subjects Informed Consent
- Eye Platform automatically recodes uploaded data – gathers anonymised datasets/images
- Data stored in the EVICR.net Eye Platform at Microsoft Azure Data Centre, located in Western Europe, and protected using a second factor authentication protocol
- Anonymised datasets/images are shared with data requesters after approval
EYE PLATFORM – HOW IT WORKS
EYE PLATFORM – PILOT STUDY
A collaborative resource of Heidelberg multimodal imaging of Intermediate AMD with and without early atrophy to study prediction of disease progression
AIBILI, as Coordinating Centre of EVICR.net
Prof. Sobha Sivaprasad, MD, PhD – Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK (EVICR.net CS 10)
- Develop a database on intermediate AMD
- Grading of these images to explore imaging markers of progression
- Develop predictive models as a secondary analysis of the dataset
PRIMARY OUTCOME MEASURE
Incidence of conversion to atrophy at two years.
Description: Number of patients who developed new or increasing atrophy.
HOW TO ACCESS THE EYE PLATFORM
If you already have credentials, you can immediately access the Eye Platform.
If you do not have yet credentials, please fill in the form below. As soon as validated you will then receive an e-mail with the credentials.